Saturday, April 19, 2014

New Place, New Job, New Outlook

Hey Everyone! 

It has been way too long since my last post. We have moved deeper into the city and closer to Joe's clients. The new apartment is part residential and part hotel which I wasn't sure that I would like but it's growing on me. This lifestyle is different than any we have experienced but change is good. We are excited to gain new experiences so we are able to learn what we like. 

I also started a new job about a month ago. I'm working for a hospital corporation in their organizational and professional development department. It started out as a 3 month assignment but I have already been offered a 12 month extension which is really great. As long as Joe's contract extends in August then we are both set for awhile.

I've been working on introducing my new coworkers to American food or at least from where I come from. As a culture here, having morning and afternoon tea is almost mandatory. This includes yummy sweets as well. To contribute I made homemade cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing. It had been years since I made them with my Mammaw but I had Joe run a taste test. They loved them and are now begging me to bring in something else. I guess I'm starting to actually put what she taught me to use. 

Today is the start of Easter break which is a four day weekend. We plan to go to the beach, church service and an American family's house for dinner. It's hard being away from family for the holidays but exciting to see other countries culture during these special times. 

Joe and I were chosen to be filmed for the local news regarding our new apartment building. It was fun telling our story even if we were only featured for 10 seconds or so haha! The link below should work for at least a few weeks. 


I'm going to try to post daily pictures from now on. I need to make up for lost time and I truly want to document our adventure. More posts to come soon! 










No comments:

Post a Comment